October 19, 2010

Update.....Even When We Are Kinda Boring

Can't forget the crazy pic! Here's our fab female Boone Baby!


Drinking: hmm, I have to be thankful they have a Sonic here too! :)

Recovering: I don't want to answer this one, suffice to say that we have yet to recover. I suppose one can honestly say that we will always have the truth of our eternal allegiance upon us.

Reading: Where do I start? The Wizard's first rule-fantasy recommend from my sis Jenny. Rutherford's letters-I read them every so often and man is this guy on point or what?! I have read some of his letters before, I assume our current reality has something to do with his power today rather than yesterday. Also reading Luther's treatise on Good Works- Always knew I loved Luther. Slowly wading through Bonhoeffer Bio by Metaxes-I hope everyone knows by now I love reading Bonhoeffer! I am reading a few other things that are probably of little interest to anyone but me. Plus Gooney Bird Greene with my first grader (when did he get sooo OLD????).

Studying: Luke and Joel (now, just finished Lamentations)

Linking: http://www.goodreads.com/-If you haven't signed up and are a reading nut I hope you will. It is alot of fun to see what other people are reading and what their favorite books are. I heard someone say once that where one is well read one need not fear any ideas, it is only the less well read who must fear being apprehended by a wayward idea. I hope that means I am well read, although I would probably say I was far from well read, as you will see if you join! :)

Watching: Nothing right now. But I recently re-watched the Hiding Place and was reminded again that "no pit is so deep that He is not deeper still." I am not one to over-spiritualize by any means but I have to admit somehow that watching seemed providential, because I really wasn't wanting to watch it over. But I am thankful for her testimony once again. I love that Corrie ten Boom says that because her sister died she now gets to speak about Jesus to everyone. I often forget that my struggles are often the means by which the gospel is brought forth, already that has been true. It is easier for people in struggles seeing us so clearly struggling to speak to us. I suppose we are more available than ever before. More Human, but isn't that the point, to become what God created us to be.....true humans-just as Christ was the epitome of Humanity so one day will we be to--exactly what He created us to be if we follow Him completely.

Listening To: New iTunes songs I downloaded, maybe it is a bad sign when all the songs I like are .69 cents? I also was able to play a trick on my hubs, so that's ALWAYS fun!!!

No comments: