October 28, 2010

Fun Facts

This week we have been taking a much needed break from school. After nearly 10 weeks of tons of work (reading, math, history and science) we decided that fall break was looking like a pretty good option, so even if we go a week longer at the end of the year, I needed some time away from the books! I figured since I wasn't working as hard I would share some fun facts that I haven't had a chance to yet.

  • Petra and I painted out nails together for the first time. My toes and her toes and nails.
  • Silas has informed us that Mr. Popper named his penguins after my sister Jenny and her husband Scott, which I thought hysterical. (Poppers penguins are capt. cook, Greta, Magellan, Arabella, jenny Scott and some other names I cannot currently recall.)
  • My kids think that a good competition is seeing whose mouth can open the widest. I think a good competition is who can keep silent the longest.
  • My kids are all fascinated by Ancient Egypt right now, good thing we are currently studying that in history. I even got them watching a documentary! Am I a nut or what?!
  • Fall is my favorite season of the year, but I hate that the fam always gets a cold at this time of year.
  • I don't know about you, but I hate it when people tell me I must have the patience of a saint to handle more than one kid. I don't have the patience of a saint and I fail daily dealing with all four of my kiddos. Seriously I feel more inadequate everyday!
  • I can hardly believe that 8 years ago this month my husband and I started dating...officially.

So I suppose those are out little fun facts for the week. Aren't we just simply the most interesting people you have ever met? :p

No comments: