October 01, 2010

Reading List Update

I have been very busy with homeschooling lately and haven't had the time or the energy to read as much as I would like, but here's where we stand currently. I am losing the battle, but I hope to turn things around in time. I will periodically post my progress, more for me than anyone, I hope it won't be terribly annoying!




Larissa's bookshelf: read-2010-11


Charlotte's Web


3 of 5 stars







tagged:
read-2010-11 and read-with-kids


With the Old Breed: At Peleliu and Okinawa


4 of 5 stars






This book has been the most horrifying world war II account I have read. My grandfather was in the navy in the Pacific and was at okinawa and it is much easier for me to understand his personal feelings about the war after having read this....


tagged:
history and read-2010-11


Phantastes


4 of 5 stars






Like many of the other reviewers, I am certain that a second reading would reveal much more of this story to me. Many times throughtout the reading I wished I could just jump into MacDonalds mind and find the key to much that I am sure is a...


tagged:
fantasy and read-2010-11


Pygmalion


3 of 5 stars






Truly enjoyed the dialogue between all the characters, but more because it was simply ridiculous and unbelievable, although I am certain that Shaw was most likely writing with all seriousness. I didn't however enjoy the long and boring expl...


tagged:
classics and read-2010-11


Charmed Life


3 of 5 stars







tagged:
fantasy and read-2010-11




goodreads.com


No comments: