September 26, 2011

Bad or Good

I always wonder when bad things happen; How can this ever look or be Good?! I am incredulous! How can these horrible things ever really look good or profitable to me? How can death be good? How can cancer be good? How can broken relationships be good? How can suffering ever be good? How can affliction ever be good? How can failure ever be success? I am certain you have many things you could add to this list. But for me I am still learning how bad becomes good! Isn't that funny?! While understanding the root of the gospel is how super bad becomes purely good I have difficultly seeing that in the smaller moments of my life! But I am learning!


This year I have learned again how pregnancy becomes good....

I have learned how being tired all the time can be proof of good...

I see how a broken relationship can be such a deep and sweet grace...

How torn ideals can truly open your eyes to needs and desires to reach out....

How suffering becomes assurance....

How the worst moment looks like a mountain top....

How need can become generosity....

I have learned how expectations can morph into contentment.....

And ALL because of the Gospel...Without HIS work on the Cross, would these victories even be possible?

I am continuing to learn that in the face of Christ's ressurection....the despicable death of a villian (although innocent) becomes the amazing ressurection of the body. Dealth, our ultimate enemy because of sin, is conquered by the epitome of righteousness. Even in my small moments, when life feels like it will overwhelm. I remember how Good can come from what seems bad. I mean Jesus, was an unemployed, homeless vagrant, who offened the cultural norms of His home town to the point they asked Him to leave. And spoke truth so openly to the "church" leaders and members of the day that they handed him off to the government on trumped up charges of treason and the government killed Him like a murder. A life of such seeming ruin, becomes the greatest triumph in history. Remember Christ probably never would have died if we had not crucified Him, He was what Humanity had been created to be, while experiencing all of the sinful human tempations! That's a good from a bad to! A man born after the curse and subject to the curse of sin...death...who lives a life of perfect righteousness and holiness, transcending the bad of humanity becoming the best that was ever known in humanity.

So bad can be good, or at least become good....but we may not always see it! But He ALWAYS Lived it...So I suppose when I experience fellowship with Him, I to will see how living badness becoming Good. A return to the way that creation was meant, in the act of redemption and sanctification! Pretty cool...at least to me!

Note: for more on bad being good...see the book of Jeremiah or numerous other passages in the Biblical text!

No comments: