July 09, 2009

Update: Our Summer So Far

We took a long vaca and drove through 11 states! I can hardly believe we made it 4700 miles!

My big man FIVE! FIVE! How does the time pass so?!

My baby sister got hitched! I had to attend! :)

VBS! It was such a good time!

William managed to eek out a masters of Biblical languages degree after four years, four kids, a full time and part time job....oh yeah and lil ole me!

Though I haven't yet gotten a picture of it! (Yeah I am a slacker!) My girl is standing on her own and even trying to walk!


We are trying the swimming thing a whole lot this summer! My Poor whitey! What shall I do with thee? How cute is this face?



I figured after a two month hiatus a picture (or several) was worth more then words! Am I right? We have been a busy bunch and I am guessing that things will only get worse as the school year begins and my big man goes off to kindergarten and my middle man starts pre-school! Some times I look at them and they are so cute and I think there is no way they are even mine on loan. But then they come in the house after a half hour in our yard, covered in a literal inch of dust and I remember..."Oh yeah! they're mine, alright!"

Many blessings!

The crazy douglas fam

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Looks like you guys have had a fabulous summer so far! I miss you guys terribly! The honeymoon was great! Facebook won't let me upload photos, so I guess I'd better get back on the blog circuit. LOVE YOU!

jlstofa said...

I love the pictures, it is so hard to believe that Silas and Kace are both old enough for school, sweetheart you will treasure the time with just two at home and be so sad at the same time. Kids just grow up too fast....Grams

Miranda said...

Sweet sweet & good to see your face! I am so glad you are enjoying your summer friend...thinking of you.