September 15, 2010

Wacky Wednesday

1) We are still trying to hammer out the details in homeschooling two fellas in two different grades. We have been struggling to keep up with kace's work in preschool because, honestly, we are having to battle through a lot of baggage that was acquired while Silas attended Kindergarten. I never imagined how much pride was so deeply ingrained in each of us. I am realizing that my son, my dear child has sin struggles that the Lord is graciously showing me and which are bringing out a lot of ungodly fruit in my own heart. I have often this week remembered that I am a sad example of peace, patience, kindness, and self control. So it looks like while I am striving to teach my son humility in the midst of math, I am also learning how much I need a savior still. So Home-school has really taught me much. Yeah, stop laughing at me!
2) I have been reading George MacDonald's amazing book called Phantastes and I have never felt so obtuse. I feel as though I were reading something just achingly beautiful and still not seeing the extent of the picture. What exactly is this man trying to explain? Is it a story? Or an Allegory?I can completely imagine how C.S. Lewis calls him the master, he is head and shoulders above me in understanding and experience! I am simply amazed at this mans mind! I wish I knew so much more about language and vocabulary and imagery!
3) Visited a new small group for the first time here on Monday. was good to be learning more about the bible with fellow followers. Also am realizing that our recent experiences have made me much more vulnerable than I have ever felt in my entire life. My own life story has suddenly become a means of humility for me and I want to kick against these trappings and once again think myself something! Ha ha, looks like my sons pride doesn't seem so different from my own!
4) Went to the National Civil War Park Center here in Richmond. I cannot put into words how much the things I learn disturb and also intrigue me. I cannot imagine the decisions that led to so much loss. But then again I have heard stories of such heart rending joy that I am moved almost to tears from the beauty of it. Truly a paradox to me.
5) My second little boy is on the cusp of turning five! I can hardly believe that another of my babies is coming upon another milestone in his life. He is getting so tall and so ready for everything this life has to offer him. That trait can be good or bad for him, but so far he is the most able to admit need to God. I am thankful for that today. He asked today after seeing a billboard, "Why did God die?" We had a long conversation and I have to say that the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe is simply a fabulous analogy for us to use. I can hardly believe that in two weeks it will have been five years since he first opened his eyes to meet us face to face! Believe them when they tell you it flies by!

No comments: