November 14, 2008

WASPs are Cool!


Before you start gasping at my idiocy remember that WASP could be an acronymn! My grandmother served in the air force during the second world war, 1944. She was a test pilot assigned to test new fighters plans and other aricraft, but also to ferry planes to and from bases. It is always interesting and a little amazing to sit and listen while she reminises! Today they dedicated a new memorial at Arlington National Cemetary where she, along with twenty five of her comrades, where honored as the first women air force service pilots. Here is an article that chronicles the event and here is the website dedicated to the WASPs. It is very cool to have a grandma who flew! Don't you think?!

Love you Grammy!! So very thankful for you in my life!!

Note: My grandma is the second from the left on the second row! Thanks for the picture mom!!

and check this out!!!!! (that's my grandma!)

No comments: