August 25, 2010

How Did the Reading Go?

Some of you may be wondering, or you may not ;P, how my reading list went! So here's an update....

Books I read in the last year ......


Classics:
The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkle* (read sleepy hollow, but haven't finished rip van winkle)
A Tale of Two Cities
Alice in Wonderland (currently reading)
Rebecca

Fiction:
Moonspinners*
The Neverending Story

History:
Killer Angels*
Bonhoeffer (finishing)
Troy*
Schindler's List*
The Pianist*
All but My Life*
The 23rd Psalm*
I will plant you a Lilac tree*

Children's fiction:
Savage Sam*
Silver on the Tree*
The Mysterious Benedict Society*
The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Perilous Journey*
Dealing With Dragons *
the forgotten beasts of eld*
A Wrinkle in Time*
The thirteen Child*
The Frog Princess*

Christian Living:
Cost of Discipleship(again)*
The Lovliness of Christ*
Mortification of Sin
Treasures of Encouragement*
On Christian Liberty*
Saved From What*


Note: The * means finished.

Ovbiously these are not all the books I have read this year. These the the ones I had the intention to read this year. I have a whole other list for this upcoming year. I will share it soon, once I get more into the groove of homeschooling and eveything else that is involved with my job here at home.

My Quick List of 2010-2011 Reading:
The Priest by Francine Rivers
The Letters of Samuel Rutherford
Her Mother's Hope by Rivers
Rise to Rebellion by Sharra
Phantasties by MacDonald
Wizard's First Rule by Goodkind
With the Old Breed by EB Sledge
Helmet for My Pillow by Leckie
Covered Wagon Women by Holmes
The Scottish Chiefs by Porter


There are a lot more that I want to read this year, but I haven't yet made up my list. When we moved we also culled our book considerably so we are revamping our library currently. So stay tuned and I will get a new, complete list soon!

No comments: