August 11, 2010

Update

Drinking: the old stand-by Diet Dr. Pepper

Recovering: I NEVER want to move again, which probably means I will! :P

Reading: Well....I bought a kindle and LOVE it! I am reading a plethora of things right now, only down side is that there are so many free classics and such that I have a hard time not trying to read everything aat once!

Studying: 2 Corinthians, since Will has been telling me these last two months that it has a similar paradigm of ministry to what we have personally experienced which is actually pretty astute. Here's a sample:

"4:1 Therefore, having this ministry by the mercy of God, we do not lose heart. 2 But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God."

"4:7 But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us. 8 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. "

"6:11 We have spoken freely to you, Corinthians; our heart is wide open. 12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted in your own affections. 13 In return (I speak as to children) widen your hearts also."


"7:1 Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God. 2 Make room in your hearts for us. We have wronged no one, we have corrupted no one, we have taken advantage of no one. 3 I do not say this to condemn you, for I said before that you are in our hearts, to die together and to live together. 4 I am acting with great boldness toward you; I have great pride in you; I am filled with comfort. In all our affliction, I am overflowing with joy."

"7:10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death."

Linking: http://www.sonlight.com/ We are starting homeschooling with Silas, in 1st grade this year and Kace in his second year of Pre-school. Using this material. We hope to have a wonderful and education year....reading! I hope they will enjoy books as much as William and I do!

Watching: Flight of Dragons with the kids amidst our mountain of boxes, i suppose you could say I needed a break!

Listening: to the kids talk about the dragons on the film, Will comment on the theology of the movie, and myself argue that we can enjoy fantasy as an entertainment without consenting to it's reality! We are crazy! Like I have said often!

No comments: