August 23, 2010

Amidst the Mess

Aren't you amazed anyones home could actually look like this? And no I was not allowing my kids to play under this very unstable mess, somehow they got past me and were in the middle of cleaning up when we snapped this picture.

You can imagine what the other rooms looked like, if this is what happened to Petra's!

We recieved our homeschooling curriculum in the middle of our unpacking and the boys were not hindered from looking through some of the new books right away. We are excited to begin this new adventure together on monday. We are a little nervous (thats me) but we are going to do fine (that's them)!

A few new things we are enjoying....

1) Being close to family has been the best thing about living here. We have actually been able to enjoy Will's family after a long separation and it has been such a blessing for the kids and us.

2) Being CLOSE to everything! Now I know we never think about living in the country when you are doing it, but MAN is it nice to actually have a gas station right around the corner and be close, oh so close, to the grocery store! I really do love living near to things!

3) Not going to Walmart. Now don't get me wrong I love wally world just as much as the next guy, but man is it nice not to go there for weeks! I don't even have a hankering to go there!

4) Just being back in the east is very relaxing. We learned so much and grew so much in the midwest, but it is such a deep burden off of us to be back here and away from all the difficulties. I know that hard times can come anywhere but it is nice to be back to a familiar place.

5) Watching my kids just enjoying life. They are playing and reading and pretending, like never before and it is so much fun to watch! They are so excited to begin 1st grade and preschool. I am ready to have even more family things to do together. It will be fun discovering more from this world together!

No comments: