June 17, 2011

My Daughter, O My Daughter!

"There came to port last Tuesday night (afternoon)
The queerest little craft,
Without an inch of rigging on;
I looked, and looked, and laughed.

"It seemed so curious that she
Should cross the unknown water,
And moor herself within my room--
My daughter, O my daughter!

"Yet, by these presents, witness all,
She's welcome fifty times,
And comes consigned to Hope and Love
And common metre rhymes.

"She has no manifest but this;
No flag floats o'er the water;
She's rather new for British Lloyd's--
My daughter, O my daughter!

"Ring out, wild bells--and tame ones, too;
Ring out the lover's moon,
Ring in the little worsted socks,
Ring in the bib and spoon."


--George W. Cable





Announcing Libi Shiloh
wieght: 7 lbs 2 oz

Height: 19 inches

No comments: