November 09, 2010

Things I Shouldn't Love...But Do

I think that some of the things I love are either odd or I just shouldn't LOVE them, but somehow I just cannot stop myself from doing it.

  1. a Monte Cristo- So we all know that this is a huge ham and turkey with cheese sandwich soaked in batter and then deep fried and served with this crazy sweet raspberry dipping sauce--something I should absolutely abhor....but alas, I love these sinkin' sandwiches, luckily it's hard to find a place that has them!
  2. GiGi--One of my favorite movies (I have even read the book) of all time is a musical (this is probably the point where you start whispering to yourself that I was already going wrong at the word musical) about a young lady whose family are courtesans and they are training her to become one. She gains the attention of the a well known bachelor of the day who pursues her as his "lady love." It all turns out in the end and they get married instead--but for obvious reasons a movie I shouldn't love...but I DO!
  3. My son's video games- Okay so you know my very embarrassing little activity...I don't do it very often. But yes I have played, okay more than played, my sons video games and liked it A LOT. I don't pretend to play anything over a 10yo rating, but I enjoy running after things collecting stuff and button jamming. My talents do not exceed that level, but that's okay with me, the old games are too hard for me :), LAME--I know!!
  4. Whiney Music- while listening to my personal playlist the other day I suddenly realized that most of the music I like is kinda whiney. I mentioned this to the hubs and he was like "duh!" I was feeling pretty sheepish about liking whiney music, but I have to admit that I really DO!
  5. I cannot think of a book I like that I totally shouldn't--I think I have yet to meet that elusive book that pleases this frightening alter ego, but never fear I am certain that book is just waiting to be read by me.
So all comes to light: I am a sucker for deep fried sandwich madness, a night of watching a movie about a professional call girl, while playing lego Indiana Jones, and listening to the some whiney music. Sheesh, this is pathetic!!!

No comments: