November 28, 2010

If My Kids Had Kids.....

While having one of our many family discussions, which are really chances for me and Will to peek into the minds of our children for a good laugh (embarrassing our children is just one more service we offer), we began discussing what our boys would name their baby if they had one.

Silas Says he would pick Noah or Mary for names (although his first choice was Harry Potter, especially if he could spell the P in Potter with a lightening bolt--yeah lightening is pretty awesome I guess, he even gave us a picture to prove his point!). Which I must admit aren't that bad, his reasoning is that Noah is a God name and Mary is simply pretty. ;)

Kace says that he would name a girl Snowflake. Why Snowflake, you ask? Well we aren't quite certain, but suffice to say that Kace is an original. A boy would be named Hansel, you can imagine what fairy tale we have read he is a little preoccupied with.

Gresham said he would name a girl Petra, but when I told him we already have a Petra he was a little down cast, but he decided that Pooie would be acceptable. The family at this point became rather preoccupied with nicknames for said Pooie and one can imagine how quickly this conversation got out of hand. I often wonder how I ended up in man-land with only one princess to sustain my cause against grossness (is that a word?)!

I hope you get a smile from our children's attempts to name the babies they will have when they grow up. I know I did, and I will enjoy it much more when they are older and I remind them that their first born should be named Snowflake. Oh, how I will laugh!!!

No comments: