November 02, 2010

November Reading Update



Larissa's bookshelf: read-2010-11


Mr Poppers Penguins


4 of 5 stars






This was a cute and quick read for me and the kids. My six-year-old LOVED it! He wanted to have a pet penguin and keep it in the fridge. I obviously was not of the same opinion. Definately a great books for boys, especially boys who are cra...


tagged:
read-2010-11 and read-with-kids


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass


3 of 5 stars






I found these books to be nonsense. But it is honest about it, not claiming to be anything but that. I thought a quote near the end of "Through the Looking glass" an apt description of the book: "Alice sighed and gave it up '...


tagged:
fantasy and read-2010-11


Wizard's First Rule


1 of 5 stars






Just a bit to much for my taste. I liked the first couple of chapters, but I had to end it half way through, just couldn't continue. Maybe less description would have helped this novel out a lot.


tagged:
read-2010-11 and unfinished


Charmed Life


3 of 5 stars







tagged:
fantasy and read-2010-11


Gooney Bird Greene


4 of 5 stars






We all loved this book. Gooney Bird is very funny in a serious way and this is a very good read aloud book! The characters are very real and believable. Learning can be fun. My son wanted to read the next one right away, maybe we will. Grea...


tagged:
read-2010-11 and read-with-kids


Phantastes


5 of 5 stars






Like many of the other reviewers, I am certain that a second reading would reveal much more of this story to me. Many times throughtout the reading I wished I could just jump into MacDonalds mind and find the key to much that I am sure is a...


tagged:
fantasy and read-2010-11


Homer Price


4 of 5 stars






I just love Homer Price! I loved it as a child and now as an adult the Edible Fungus song and centenial is simply hysterical! I am amazed at the laughter this book illicits. Although my six year old missed much of what was funny in this lit...


tagged:
read-2010-11 and read-with-kids


DragonSpell


3 of 5 stars







tagged:
read-2010-11 and unfinished


Alanna: The First Adventure


3 of 5 stars







tagged:
fantasy and read-2010-11


Pygmalion


3 of 5 stars






Truly enjoyed the dialogue between all the characters, but more because it was simply ridiculous and unbelievable, although I am certain that Shaw was most likely writing with all seriousness. I didn't however enjoy the long and boring expl...


tagged:
classics and read-2010-11





goodreads.com

No comments: