September 15, 2008

What I love About Girls

I always said that if I should have a little girl some day (funny since I prayed for boys!) I would never be one of those moms who put the silly pink bands on a bald child's head. Or pierced a tiny infants ears. Or put shoes on a small foot simply for the aesthetic affect. Well, boy was I WRONG!!!!!!

I fully and completely admit that I am a complete hypocrite! I am such a sap when it comes to dressing my little girl for any reason! I will even change her immediately if she spits up on a dress or a nifty little romper. Funny how I never would do that with the boys, especially not once Kace and Greffie came along! If they were a little bit sour smelling, well they were boys, it was okay (in all fairness they are always a little sour smelling). But oh, no I have WAY to many outfits to try to even let one opportunity pass! I think, seriously I need some help! I NEVER imagined I would be like this! Turns out I truly am a girl at heart, who never imagined how it is to have a daughter who is essentially (in all the important ways) like you. Amazing how your heart simply responds differently to that gender relationship.

Now don't get me wrong! I LOVE my fellas, all four of them!! Silas is such a romantic and so sweet and sensitive it is a blessing to see his sense of humor and his deep tenderness. Kace is a mess, admittedly. 100% male animal, but he has such an absolute and complete drive (one day through the working of grace that gift will be very useful for the kingdom), and such a cute little menacing smile. I can barely resist the dimples. And Greffie is so very, very special. He has a personality that makes it impossible not to absolutely adore him. Homebody to the core, he constantly surprises me with these wonderful little hugs and kisses when I am least expecting it. All that said there is something different about a daughter.

I find that she drives me equally crazy, is just as self-absorbed, just as attached to me as any of the other three. Yet the idea that some day we may share this same walk together, with her as the mother...and the truth that I will be able to take a more active role in her discipleship...realizing that I am able to share with her a biblical love of home and family...knowing that we will (although at times not always) have an understanding that the boys cannot have. There is just something about a girl, that I never understood until I became the mother of one. I know now more about the bond between my husband and sons. I am very excited to embark on this very new adventure of hormones and femininity with my own little lady. I just love her one sweet dimple (don't you sometimes just want to bite your kids they are so darn cute? Okay maybe that is just me.....but I don't actually bite them!!)! I CANNOT wait to pierce her ears!!!!!


I love the fact that even the binkis are pink!


I love all the frilly stuff--especially these awesome socks that Sarah and Mindy made (you two are amazing)!! They are like baby-girl-mom crack! (or maybe that is just me!)



I LOVE the Hair bows, or any other type of feminine accessory.

No comments: