March 13, 2011

Say What?

Will and I had an impromptu date this afternoon and while sitting down to order our lunches the server took a double take at my tummy and said...

"Oh!" Huge eyes look. "You're pregnant!"

"Yeah..." I avoided eye contact at that moment.

"You're what?" She nods knowingly. "Seven or eight months along?" Waits expectantly while I sneak a glace across the table at my snickering husband.

"No," I answered as casually as possible. "Just six months." Thinking, barely six months! Whew! She looked at me like I had suddenly grown an extra ear or eye. So I felt compelled to stammer. "Ye-eah, I'm just big." I am pretty certain I was red as a beat while Will on the other hand was nearly ready to spit his water all over the table!

So ladies, when you reach the multiple birth mark, remember it's okay to look like a house for months! I do!

No comments: