September 22, 2009

10 Reasons Why...

10 Reasons why I love my husband so much and know that he is the greatest blessing that the Lord has seen fit to grant a superior sinner like me.

1) He is the best friend I have ever had--bar none. He has absolutely proven that it is possible to be a completely loyal, loving, sacrificial, kind, sympathetic and tender friend. Only a good God could have interviened in the life of my husband so completely to bless me so deeply. He has been and continues to be the best friend God ever brought into my life, even when he drones on about the genetive or ablative cases in greek (or at least that's what I think I hear!) he is still a fabulous friend!

2) He is patient. I think that my husband is simply THE most patient man ever! Especially since he still loves me!

3) He is smart. My husband has learned a whole lot over the time of our marriage and has had the grace to share that knowledge (in my own language) with me! Even when they are concepts that are eons outside of my understanding he takes time to explain these things so I can understand. Bless him!

4) He is generous. Let's face it, we aren't getting rich by worldly standards in the ministry, but he still trys to be generous with the money we do have. Not just to me and the kids, but to many others. It is such a reminder to me to be a good steward and have a generous heart.

5) He is merciful. Honestly there have been times and situations where, had it been me in the midst of them I would have given as good as I got, but he has not done so. He chooses frequently to pursue relationships and situations that are not easy (as I am daily proof) with an exceedingly merciful heart. Have we mentioned that mercy isn't my greatest spiritual gift?

6) He is funny. Even though often I DON'T laugh, he is still funny. Unless the jokes on me...well then....it's not that funny. ;)

7) He is a reader. If my husband didn't pursue a book often I doubt I would have read even an iota of the books I have been exposed to and absorbed. He is always reading something to challenge him and strech him and I admire his dilligence.

8) He loves our family. If my husband never gets all the things I ask from the store, forgets to refill the toilet paper, and even leaves his socks on the floor for the next 60 (here's hopin'!) years, the fact that he loves spending time with us would be enough! I love spending time with him, but I Love even more that he loves hanging with a bunch of crazy nuts like me and my four munkins!

9) He is quick to seek reconciliation and quick to forgive. I, admittedly, am not so quick, but I am always hearing his words in my head when situations crop up (as they inevitably do) where I am involved in a disagreement (often not with anyone in my household). "What does it help to prolong forgiveness, Larissa, you're gonna do it anyway so why not do it quick? Jesus forgave you!" Yeah, yeah, yeah....So it turns out I am listening!!

10) I just do. It may sound simple and unromantic, but I just love the big goof! I don't know how we came together, unless it is a work of an almighty God and I don't really know why I love him so fiercly now, but the fact remains that I simply do. I love him deeply and I know I always will.

AND A VERY HAPPY 31ST BIRTHDAY, WILLIAM!

No comments: