October 20, 2008

I did it! or should I say we?

Okay, first would like to give a shout out to the wonderful person who invented the amazing carts that carry more than one child! And have a boy-friendly theme. Also to the people that understood that cookies at the grocery store--free of course--was a good idea! Now I can say that earlier this week, all five of us actually made it to the grocery store. WOW! I think most people assume I am absolutely crazy to have so many kids--not that it really is that many in my opinion--but I assume others are flabbergasted. I seriously walk through the store with everyone staring at me with incredulous looks on their faces. Praise God that I am not struggling with fear of man over this or I would not even go out! But we went in, were done within 20 minutes (it was a trial run after all!) and then got out and back into the car. WHEW! It wasn't so bad as I thought and so I repeated it with Walmart this time, except with all their decent prices Wally doesn't have good carts, bummer!!

Here are two pictures of my brood-- I wonder how much a brood actually is? I might be misusing that classification! But lest you think it was absolutely uneventful, check the second photo where they are fighting. They simply cannot stop man handling one another.



3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'd say a brood is around 8-9, here's my quotation. "How many chicks in an average brood of wild turkeys? I was driving out in the country today and a family scurried across the road. I stopped to let them pass and was surprised at how many chicks were running after the hen, maybe 8 or 9." That seemed pretty fitting for your fam! Love you! Haha!

Jenn said...

So you have at least 5 more to go!

Dominey Family said...

I'm so glad to hear that someone else's boys manhandle one another too. I was beginning to wonder if I was failing as Mama.