August 04, 2012

How did we Meet again??



My husband likes to tell this funny story about how he tried to meet me. He saw me coming to my 8 am class at SEBTS and then he held the door for me, waiting all the time for the inevitable eye contact and the conversation starter. Unfortunately he was unaware of my policy of not looking guys who held doors in the eye, because I did not want the inevitable opportunity for conversation which could lead to a relationship. You see I didn't got to Southeastern to get married! My degree would not include an MRS (if you know what I mean).
We recently visited our old stomping grounds and relived this epic event which ended in naught for my husband but a glimpse of my back. He was left to tell me a story of a squirrel he saved when it fell out of its nest the first time we met and then almost forgot to introduce himself! Haha! But he still swears he met me here at this door! No matter how hard I try, I cannot remember even a moment with him and me at this door, prior to our dating relaitonship! I guess I was the girl who was "swept off her feet" as they say, because I sure didn't see him coming! I think most of the poeple who knew me were just as shocked as me that I met this amazing guy after swearing off marriage while in college! :) I guess it was the best words I ever had to eat, huh??

Some day I will tell you the whole story of how the orignal crazies made a home for themselves, out of only a little love and a couple of 70's couches! :D

No comments: