December 01, 2011

Top Five Ever

A few weeks ago my husband asked me what my top five books were of all the books I have ever read and I was stumped. First many of the books I love, like Anne of Green Gables and Pride and Prejudice have been read numerous times, while still not being reads that stick in my head and have me thinking and pondering and (dare I say it?) growing! I really thought about the top five books I could read over and over and still come away from them changed in some way. I chose ones which feel like they have drilled into my brain and settled in my mind and never can leave. Ones that connect to thoughts I have yet to think and ones I think over and over again. I am forced to choose books which really seem to live. I can see and hear the human being on the other end of these books and they are haunting in their grasp and vision of life and this world. My heart connects to these books, responds to the words, and is evoked into a wide range of emotions. So here they are my top five of all time...just remember I am 30 so my experience and reading is limited, I hope to have 30 more years to enjoy the human gift of writing! I have not placed the bible in this list, because it goes without saying.


Larissa's bookshelf: top-five-fave


The True Story of Hansel and GretelMorning and Evening: A New Edition of the Classic Devotional Based on The Holy Bible, English Standard VersionMy Utmost for His Highest: Traditional Updated EditionThe Chronicles of Prydain Boxed SetThe Dark Is Rising SequenceI Will Plant You a Lilac Tree: A Memoir of a Schindler's List Survivor

More of Larissa's books »

Book recommendations, book reviews, quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists

Note: if you want to see the reviews, click on the box and it will take you to an area where you can view reviews, including mine.

No comments: