February 04, 2009

Some of My Favorite Things....

Some of my favorite things lately are.....

Paper Back Swap! Shout out to Miranda for recommending that I join that organization! It is great! You post books you no longer want and get ones you do! So quick easy and cheaper then buying them yourself. You may have to wait a little bit but the books you always want usually surface, I have even gotten commentaries off the site for Will.

Home made exotic foods! Many of you know we recently moved to northern Missouri. One of the things I like best about living without fast food is I am not tempted to cut corners as much. I made tempura over the weekend, with a packet of batter and some very fresh veggies! It was super delish! Nothing better then me getting to experiment and be rewarded with not only a great meal that we all loved, but to know that I wasn't cutting corners or dropping the ball.

La Tiara Taco Shells. Okay A friend tipped me off to these little gems! They are wonderful, but you cannot get them outside the Kansas city area. Sorry to those who aren't close enough to get these amazing treats to add to your own family Mexican night! Click here to try though!

Netflix. When we moved we had every intention of getting our TV up and running, then we got less motivated, and still less motivated, and then the desire for television vanished from us. We decided instead to join netflix and get some movies every couple days for us and the kids to watch together. We had our first movie night together this weekend and it was sweet to have all of us (well the two oldest and Will and I). It has been great! We love it! We are even getting some old TV shows we loved in the past! Such a great invention!

Elizabeth Elliot. I have always admired this woman in the faith. But it wasn't until more recently that I truly began to appreciate her very grace-filled ideas on life and godliness. She is so well versed in suffering, ministry and life that it is amazing that this nugget of insight has been often neglected by me. I have read her a bit in the past, but lately have truly utilized her wisdom from her walk to encourage me in my own.

My baby sling. Okay it isn't really fabulous, and it isn't even the one I really want. But it has really been very good to me lately. I have been able to use it to carry my girl in lately during church activities and other things and it has made my life much easier. I recommend getting a baby sling of your own if you have a baby! Hands free is great!

No comments: