February 24, 2015

The year in review--Número Uno addition

Oh, Silas! You are a wonder! This year you've grown so much! 

You are such a dichotomy! On the one hand you're so tender and helpful and on the other you have a mischievous streak the size of Alaska! How much you remind me of your father!! 

You are in that in-between stage where you're still a boy and yet you long to be a teenager! You are fascinated by PG-13 films though you don't really want to watch them! You are obsessed with being older and doing sports in high school! You love playing football with your dad and riding your razor. You are a better cook than I was at 21! 

You're blooming in all sorts of special and amazing ways that take the best (and sometimes worst) of your father and I! I love you so much! I enjoy you so much!

 I know that one day you, me, and daddy are gonna be laughing hysterically at your antics but today I want you to know one thing....slow down!! THIS IS YOUR LIFE! You don't get a redo of 9, or 8, or 10! Enjoy the experience! Rejoice in your gifts and your responsibilities today! 

You are called to be a follower of Him, a son, a brother, a servant, a lover of all people! Seek to do those things well! Enjoy learning them! Learn how to love the people he's so graciously given you to delight in! 

Serve your heart out! Explore those things you enjoy most! Read all the time!!! Believe in the things that you do well and get to know yourself well! 

I'm watching you so closely now! You're my first and I'm sorry for that! I've made SOOO many mistakes! But in a way I've loved you more fiercely than any of your brothers and sisters! 

We are together in this walk of life and I'm so thankful to be experiencing life with you! I thank God for you everyday!

No comments: