January 14, 2013

What's On my Kindle: Jan/Feb 2013

although not me, it's one of our Kindles
and my handsome hubs!
1. The Robe - Great so far, has me intrigued as to the way the story will develop!

2.  A Town Like Alice - Not a completely different beginning from the Far Country and has me looking forward to the Pied Piper.



3. The Lost Letters of Pergamum - Interesting take on the NT and studies of the era. Similar in many respects to a present day america.

4. Letters and Papers From Prison - Bonhoeffer's letters and papers while he was incarcerated under the Nazi Tyranny. Hard to take in Large doses. Shortened sittings as the tenor of his mind at the moment of his imprisonment is ever present.

5. The rise and Fall of the Third Reich - the definitive book on the Nazi Regime from it's first beginnings until its inevitable destruction. This thing is every bit of 1000 pages and hard to process. Long reading ahead for me, but lets hope I finish within this year!!

There are lots of others, but they escape my mind currently. I am looking for a new fantasy to read and also a good literature novel, taking a break from Mansfield Park for a bit. I might visit some Wilde (I do enjoy his work immensely!) or re-read a LM Montgomery Book, I found one at bargain prices recently 1.99! Love their daily deals at Amazon!

No comments: