April 22, 2011

My Baby Did It....



This is a picture of my girl and her constant companion. She and this baby sleep eat and play all day together! But then today while cleaning the house it was discovered twice after the boys and I had been mostly cleaning the living room that their sheets were stripped twice. My second son was very upset about this since he was the one who ended up putting them back on...twice! So after asking my boys, who never do this btw, I looked at my girl and ask her quite insistantly if she had taken the sheets off. Without making any kind of eye contact and acting VERY guilty she wouldn't admit she did it. Even after facing her brothers and knowing she would get them all in trouble if she didn't fess up she still would not admit to anything. Finally I asked her, because I knew she was simply afraid of being in trouble, "did baby do it?" She immediately admitted that "Yeah, baby do it!" and then I asked her "Did you help baby to do it?" She then finally admited to taking all the sheets and blankets off the beds of her brothers. I could hardly help laughing as she was so glad to admit that "yes she had participated in the distruction, but was not the leader." I don't know why I allowed her to tell me that baby did it, save the reality that she is still guilty if she helped, which she was very much willing to admit to! I told her that lying is never an option and the next time baby wants to do something bad she needs to remind baby that she does not help doing bad things! Man! After all that I never imagined that this baby would not only be a friend, toy, companion, training item, but also a problem solver?!?!

**Note: This baby is one her brothers chose for her birthday, they thought it the most beautiful of the babies at the store and so this is her favorite baby for awhile now! We love this sweet reminder of how much her brothers love and think of her!

No comments: