October 09, 2013

Constrained?

Recently many have asked me this question: Why sign your emails or letters "constrained"?

Here's my answer: 
The bible in 2 Cor 5:14-15 says that the "love of God constrains us" and we know that because one died for all then ALL died that we might live to Him. I have learned from experience that often the things I desire to do (like avenge myself, be selfish, do things that make me the focus) often are changed into things He would have me to do- as if even my obedience is supernatural in everyway. It's like God is compelling me, controlling me, to be and to do things he calls us too. I have found myself constrained to follow even at times I felt the cost too high or too deep. That's why I write constrained at the end of letters and emails,  because I have found Christ to have truly BOUGHT my life and made me His slave, even often in spite of myself! I hope that satiates the curious minds!

Constrained, Larissa 

No comments: