February 12, 2013

Some Of My Favorite Things

We ALL go through phases where some things are our favorite and others are not. Here is a short list of some of my current faves!

1. Percy Jackson Series! - I LOVED these little and funny books! They are filled with tons of greek mythology and when you are married to a koine greek freak (like I am) these things begin to become more interesting, plus its an adventure story, which I have to admit I am all over! So go check them out! Even people in their 30's like them, so they have to be good right?!

2. My new Cast Iron Skillet! - Okay I have wanted one of these for ages and ages. I finally got one for christmas...best-gift-ever-this-year!! I LOVE it and it can do anything! Last night I made pork chops and was able to brown them in the pan (beautifully) and then finish in the oven with ONE PAN! WHEEE!!! So Yeah, its my fave!

3. Twitter - So I caved and joined the network. It has been surprisingly more enjoyable than I expected. its more impersonal than fb and takes way less time!

4. Living Minimalist - so yeah, we have five kids and living with the bear minimum is really important to us. It means limiting the clothing we wear the way we decorate our house and these are things we are trying to implement in our home right now. Great info for a crazy family is to limit the craziness in the clutter!

5. Mumford and Sons - They are our newest favorite band, for the last two months we have played nothing but mumford in our house! They are great!

No comments: